WE’RE HIRING A
Creation and implementation of technical infrastructure systems in line with business objectives and agreed on architecture/design.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning and design of infrastructure systems (server, switches, firewalls routing, vm’s, etc)
- Planning and design of internal/in-house infrastructure systems for development/ testing/staging/continuous integration (server, switches, firewalls, routing, vm’s etc)
- Deployment workflows and tooling to aid developers in development/testing/staging and production deployment strategies.
- Virtualisation and continuous integration tooling on servers to aid in development, testing and staging.
- Virtualisation tooling to aid developers on local development environments.
- Automation scripting of tasks.
- Ensuring maximum uptime, utilisation and resilience of provisioned hardware on a continued basis.
- Close collaboration with developers to satisfy their hardware requirements within reason.
- Clear concise documentation of all aspects of infrastructure and processes.
- Disaster recovery/back up process planning, documentation, and regular restore validation.
- IT security
- IT procurement and Asset tracking
- Ongoing research and development in line with business objectives
- Ongoing evaluation and optimisation of systems and infrastructure
- Monitoring and support of all infrastructure systems (this may extend to after hours/weekends for production services, until such time that there are dedicated 1st and 2nd tier support structures in place)
- Monitoring and knowledgeshare/guidance to junior staff if and when needed.
- Work closely with the Development team to bring new software releases to production more effectively.
- Develop, deploy and manage highly-scalable and highly-available platforms, monitoring and maintaining service performance and availability metrics.
- Automate everything from deployment to monitoring and management to incident response.
- Take ownership of our configuration management platforms.
- Collaborate with Developers to bring new features and services into production.
- Assist identifying and mitigating security threats to comply with strict security compliance.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Produce high-level design documentation where required.
- Ensure close collaboration between Development and Operations, enabling smoother operation between teams.
- Continuous optimization and improvement to existing systems and infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Postgres
- Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, Shell, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Java server infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of services-over-network (NFS, iSCSI, Samba, LDAP, DNS, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of web server technologies (Apache, Ngnix, HAProxy, etc.)
- Working knowledge of centralized logging (Logstash, Rsyslog, Splunk, etc.)
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis, Gitflow, etc.)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as Code (Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus, etc.)
- Working knowledge of server hardening (file integrity, intrusion detection, application firewalls, auditing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git, SVN, CVS, etc.)
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with caching technologies (Memcached, Couchbase, Varnish, etc.)
- Experience with development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience with security audits (Penetration tests, Security certifications, ISO 27000, PCI)
- Experience supporting development teams (JSon, REST, Soap, XML, Ajax, etc.)
- Experience with wso2 technologies (ESB, Identity, API Manager)
- Working knowledge of package management systems (rpm, deb, etc.)
- Working knowledge or relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, Mongo, ElasticSearch)
- You’ve built monitoring for production infrastructure
- Self-motivated with strong team spirit.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as ability to work within a team.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Once we have received your resume, our HR Team will review it shortly. If you’ve reached the interview stage, you’ll then hear from us via email or phone within two weeks. Unfortunately, due to application volumes we can’t give feedback to all applicants. But be sure to keep an eye out, as new job opportunities are posted here regularly.
Our Dev House is our home for our Back-end & Front-end Devs, Java Devs, PHP Devs, DevOps, QA Testers, UX & UI Designers, Scrum Masters, Business Analyst and Project Managers. The Old Castle Brewery building was built in 1901, and still keeps much of the heritage of the last 100 years. Woodstock is home to the Old Biscuit Mill, numerous hipster cafes and vintage furniture stores.
If you were to visit our underground Dev House Dungeon, you would see our pool table host many battles and teams looking for a moment to relax, brainstorm and strategize.
Psst! If your skill set is aligned to what we’re looking for – Apply now!
Please send the relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we have a number of applicants applying for this position, and therefore we may not be able to contact all applicants individually so if you have not heard from us in 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.